We joyfully announce: Storm Cellar author Sea Sharp‘s “The Tallgrass Shuffles” (SC 4.2) has been selected for inclusion in The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses XLI (2017)! Our gratitude to the editors of the collection and Bill Henderson, the publisher. Our greatest gratitude to Sea for choosing to share their work with us all.
Dear Readers, about this time each year the Pushcart nomination season offers an opportunity to honor a few of our authors. These choices are tough, as we love all the work we publish, and everyone on the team helped out. For the Pushcart Prizes XLI we nominate:
- Emily Cornell du Houx – “Sinkhole Tourism” (short fiction, #4.3)
- Harmony Neal – “Phoenix” (short fiction, #4.2)
- Caleb Tankersley – “We Have a City” (flash, #4.3)
- Christine Bettis – “Lots” (poetry, #4.3)
- Sea Sharp – “The Tall Grass Shuffles” (poetry, #4.2)
- Jen Coleman – “Dreaming Your Silence as a Postal Service Error, 2005” (poetry, #4.3)
Check out issues 4.3 and 4.2, and get your copies here. We’d be falling down on the job if we didn’t mention you can subscribe (& order gift subscriptions) thisaway. Also and too, share your work. Read on!